Watermelon Rose Sorbet
- 1/2 organic seedless watermelon, cut into chunks
- Edible red or pink rose petals
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons organic local honey (adjust to taste)
For Serving and Toppings:
- Additional edible flowers for decoration
- Organic 70% or darker chocolate (optional)
Benefits of Watermelon:
Watermelon is not only hydrating due to its high water content, but it also provides various health benefits. It is a good source of vitamins A and C, and it contains lycopene, an antioxidant that may promote heart health and help protect against certain types of cancer.
1. Place the watermelon chunks in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the sheet in the freezer and freeze the watermelon chunks for at least 3-4 hours, or until completely frozen.
2. Once the watermelon chunks are frozen, remove them from the freezer and let them sit at room temperature for a few minutes to slightly soften.
3. In a food processor, combine the frozen watermelon chunks, a handful of rose petals, lemon juice, and honey. Process until smooth and creamy.
4. Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness with more honey if desired.
5. Divide the sorbet mixture into serving cups or bowls. You can also use hollowed-out watermelon shells as serving vessels for a fun presentation.
6. Place the sorbet-filled cups or bowls back in the freezer and freeze for another 2-3 hours, or until firm.
7. Before serving, decorate each sorbet cup with additional edible flowers for an extra touch of beauty.
8. Optionally, serve the watermelon rose sorbet with a side of organic 70% or darker chocolate for a delightful contrast in flavors.
Enjoy the refreshing and vibrant Watermelon Rose Sorbet, which combines the natural sweetness of watermelon with the delicate floral essence of rose petals. It's a perfect dessert to cool down and indulge in during the warm summer days while benefiting from the hydrating properties and essential vitamins of watermelon.
Note: Remember to use edible rose petals that are specifically meant for culinary purposes and have not been treated with any chemicals or pesticides.