Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes with Pecans
Delight your taste buds with these light, fluffy, and gluten-free Pumpkin Pancakes topped with roasted cinnamon maple pecans. Made with wholesome ingredients, this breakfast dish serves four and offers a satisfying start to your day.
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 cup of organic canned pumpkin or fresh mashed pumpkin
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1 cup of pecans
- Ghee or coconut oil for roasting pecans
- Vanilla coconut yogurt for serving
1. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, eggs, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and pumpkin. Stir until the mixture is well combined and forms a thick batter.
2. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add a spoonful of coconut oil.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more coconut oil as needed.
4. While the pancakes are cooking, prepare the roasted pecans. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Toss the pecans in a mixture of melted ghee (or coconut oil), a dash of cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Spread the pecans out on a baking sheet and roast for about 10 minutes, until fragrant and slightly darker.
5. Once roasted, remove the pecans from the oven and let them cool before chopping.
Serve the pancakes warm. Top each serving with a dollop of vanilla coconut yogurt, a sprinkling of chopped roasted pecans, and a generous drizzle of organic maple syrup. Enjoy this nutrient-packed, gluten-free breakfast that's as delightful to eat as it is to prepare.
These pancakes combine the health benefits of pumpkin (high in vitamin A and fiber), almond flour (a great source of protein and healthy fats), and eggs (packed with protein and various essential nutrients) to provide a nutritious start to your day. The pecans add a crunchy texture and are an excellent source of monounsaturated fats and fiber. Lastly, the cinnamon not only enhances the flavor but also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. Enjoy!