Lavender Lemon Almond Shortbread Cookies
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lavender flowers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
For the Healthy Lemon Drizzle:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol or any preferred natural sweetener
For Finishing Touches:
- Edible lavender flowers (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, eggs, lavender flowers, lemon juice, lemon zest, and melted grass-fed butter. Mix well until a dough forms.
3. Scoop out tablespoon-sized portions of the dough and roll them into balls. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet and flatten them slightly with your palm or the bottom of a glass.
4. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
5. While the cookies are baking, prepare the healthy lemon drizzle. In a small bowl, whisk together the fresh lemon juice and powdered erythritol (or your preferred sweetener) until smooth and well combined.
6. Once the cookies are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.
7. Drizzle the healthy lemon drizzle over the cooled cookies using a spoon or a piping bag.
8. Sprinkle edible lavender flowers over the cookies for a beautiful finishing touch and a subtle floral flavor.
9. Allow the drizzle to set before serving the cookies.
Fun Fact: Including edible flowers in your diet and on the plate can add a touch of beauty and a unique flavor experience. Lavender flowers, in particular, bring a delicate floral aroma and taste to dishes.
Enjoy these delightful Lavender Lemon Cookies as a sweet treat with a hint of floral elegance. The healthy lemon drizzle adds a tangy touch while keeping the sweetness in check. It's a perfect addition to your afternoon tea or as a light dessert option.