Italian Mixed Green Salad with Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
For the Salad:
- 8 cups assorted organic mixed greens
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh oregano leaves
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Mozzarella balls made from pasture-raised and grass-fed cows
- 16 asparagus spears
- 8 slices of prosciutto
For Dressing and Finishing:
- First cold-pressed organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic glaze (store-bought or homemade)
- Freshly cracked pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Prepare the asparagus by washing and trimming the tough ends. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
3. Take one slice of prosciutto and wrap it tightly around two asparagus spears. Repeat this step with the remaining prosciutto and asparagus.
4. Place the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender and the prosciutto is crispy.
5. In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, fresh basil leaves, fresh oregano leaves, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella balls.
6. Drizzle the salad with first cold-pressed organic extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze according to taste.
7. Gently toss the salad to coat the ingredients with the dressing.
8. Transfer the salad to individual serving plates or bowls.
9. Once the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus is done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
10. Place two prosciutto-wrapped asparagus on top of each salad portion.
11. Finish the salad with a sprinkle of freshly cracked pepper.
Enjoy the delightful combination of fresh mixed greens, fragrant basil and oregano leaves, juicy cherry tomatoes, creamy mozzarella balls, and the savory crunch of prosciutto-wrapped asparagus. The first cold-pressed organic extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze drizzle add a classic Italian touch to the salad. Indulge in this vibrant and flavorful dish as a refreshing and satisfying meal.
Note: You can customize the amount of dressing and toppings according to your personal preferences. Feel free to adjust and add additional ingredients like olives or Parmesan cheese for more flavor variations.